Mr. de Frutos is Head of Maintenance and Engineering of Metro de Málaga, concession company responsible for operation and maintenance of lines 1 and 2 of Málaga light rail network, operating since 2014.
M. Eng Civil Engineering (Technical University of Madrid – UPM), he started his career holding various positions in infrastructure construction and management. He participated in urban water supply and sewage treatment projects, and has more than 20 years of experience in transportation projects. He joined the company in 2005 as engineer responsible for design and project management. Since 2017, he helds the position of Head of Maintenance and Engineering:
• maintenance structure and subcontracts: rolling stock, energy and electro-mechanical installations, systems, signalling, rail and infrastructure.
• investment plan (CAPEX), digital transformation, asset obsolescence and necessary modernization.
• energy efficiency plan and management of electricity supply contracts
• ridership forecast and analysis
• engineering support for design and integration of network extensions.